Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants
The Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) is a State program designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people who have little or no income. It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.
Eligible persons must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be age 65 or older, blind, or disabled
- Be a legal immigrant to the U.S.
- Be a California resident
- Not be a citizen of the U.S.
- Not be receiving Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Payment
Benefits of CAPI:
- Monthly cash payments (not a loan) to eligible persons
- Direct deposit of money to a bank account
- CAPI payments are exempt in the Medi-Cal program
- CAPI payments are unearned income for CalFresh (Food Stamps) eligibility
- No office visit is required; processing is done by phone, fax, or U.S. mail
For more information, please call
Telephone: (805) 654-3270
Fax: (805) 654-5580